clean water

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Its just too easy

So I have known this guy for 12 years now.  We just happen to be married.  The other night we did something a bit out of the ordinary.  We stayed up and snuck out to go see the midnight showing of Tron.  BRILLIANT! Have no worries, we did not leave the children alone, but if you actually thought we did that even for a second you should just stop reading my blog.  No seriously.  Anyway, so we went.  We had been excited about this movie since we heard about the possibility of its arrival about 3 or so years ago.  Now, what I have yet to mention is that when I first met my darling husband I was just a kid.  He and I started out as good friends.  One of my love languages is gifts.  So when I was able to get a hold of a case for a Tron video tape for him to put his tape in it should have been an indicator.  However, at this time in out relationship neither of us really saw what was in front of us.  There are a lot of things that he and I enjoy, or appreciate, with somewhat of a passion.  Spider-man, Disney, music, I'll just stop. There's a lot actually.  Going to the movies has become a bit of a chore now a day.  When we were young we never went to the movies together really.  We never really even dated.  So for us to not just go to a movie, but pass on much needed sleep to go to a movie, its a pretty big deal.  He thinks we did it for him, but what he doesn't know is that it was so much to me.  It helped that we got to sit in "dbox" seats.  They are the seats that move with the motion of the movie.  We also saw it in 3D.  So in a way its like we were at Disney world again.  We were both excited, we both put in the effort to make it happen, and we both enjoyed it.  If you really want to know that was one pf my favorite dates.  He doesn't know it was a date...or maybe he does.  For me...well, it reminded me of that kid that had to make some great efforts to find a case for his tape.  It reminded me of the fact that even without the romance and expectations its just so easy.  I guess then again it is pretty easy when you love someone, as long as its with that someone.  It was a blast.  I may never catch up on sleep, but it was soooo worth it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment