I dont know if I would consider myself an adult. I mean in all reality not much has changed from when I was a kid. So I guess that might mean that as a kid I was just very mature, and I have started going backwards? I mean come on...I have braces, and I look 10...so cant I act 10? I wish I could some times. Yet as I think back on this year alone I am so thankful I am not a kid. I wouldnt wish any of it on a kid. Truth is as an adult, well since I moved out on my own things have been kinda hard. Its been one health thing after another it feels like. In less than 10 years I have had 6 surgeries. What? There is no way. I look healthy enough, and have the same breast and cellulite God blessed me with...if not a bit extra of the last one. I have had 2 children. Cut my hair well over 10 times, dyed it...lol now thats asking to much to figure that out. I have made friends, and unmade them more than when I was a kid, gotten married moved 5 times, and been homeless. Whoever said that it stinks being a kid must have been a kid. Mind you I wouldnt trade the children, the spouse or the true frieds for anything, but to be young again...if I could remember what that was like...I don't think I need to give more details of youth...
All of this is what I just finished telling my 5 year old who says "mom, Im a big girl, and I know what its like to be an adult" Couldnt ya just cry...scream...and beg for the patience to remember that at one point that was me...wishing to be older, for freedom, for understanding...but I WAS 15!!! Who is this kid and where is my sweet little curly top child that I have stayed home to raise for the past almost 6 years???
Should I take her legs away when she stomps, should I send her to the mountains with a chastity belt made of a metal only found in outer space? Should I just throw my hands up now? I cant help but feel terrified....cause that was meeeeeeeeee. Yet by the grace of God I turned out alright..ish... All the pain and hurt though to get to alrightish is what I am concerned about. so in a very serious note can you join me in praying for my child, and for my husband and me. Cause if something doesn't start changing soon I might end up in prison, or a mental hospital...in which case my hospital visits will be much higher than they are now...see always looking at the positive...

No comments:
Post a Comment