clean water

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas, Look what I can do...and what the heck. woohoo

"what the heck"
I am realizing that as a mother of a almost 5 month old I don't really have the time to talk about whats going on in my life, but I will keep on trying.  I made a decision.  I am  going to start thinking about the idea of cooking through a cookbook.  I like the idea from the movie.  I would prefer to not do anything with screaming lobsters, or deboning animals, although I know I will have to do such things one day.  I am going to start out small.  For Christmas I received a years subscription to Southern Living (AWESOME).  My mom could not find an actual Southern living mag to gift to me, so she got a Paula Dean mag, and wrote it on the cover.  I love Paula.  She loves butter, we should get along okay.  So already I made stuffed zucchini...soooooooooo yummy.  Seriously easy, and even the hubby wanted to make some for the boys at the station.  Next I will be doing some red meats.  I am super excited.  However, tonight I made what I shall now refer to as leftover stew.  What is that you might ask.  Well my friend it is simply what its name says it is.  It is all of my leftovers put into a stew.  EWWWW.  No it is actually really good.  Seriously.  It has celery, corn, chili, jalapeno, cheese brats, cucumbers, and matchstick carrots.  Here's what i was thinking...whats the harm. It was all gonna end up getting thrown out anyway.  Who knows if my spouse unit will be as adventurous as I, but I really enjoy it.
Other than that I have been dealing with issues with my wonderful baby boy.  Which brings me to a question.  What the heck dude?  SO every time I have gone to the Doc with the little man its been something.  When I say something I mean first he needed glasses at the age of 2 months...yeah right.  Then for cosmetic reasons a helmet to shape his head.  Obviously not realizing that I come from a long line of huge heads.  I know you think I have a big forehead for those that know me, but I need to correct you.  Its not a bog forehead. Its actually that my head is so huge that God became overly exhausted when placing and counting my hairs on my head that he just gave up.  My sons head is perfect, leave him alone.  Then yesterday we had to take him and find out that he has an ear infection in both ears, and oh by the way "he might be allergic to your milk, so stop nursing, give him a bottle of this very expensive formula, and pump. RIGHT. Cause I have time for any of that.  BTW hes not allergic, we had his stool tested.  So what the heck dude?? However, last night I prayed he would sleep through the night...and he didnt, but it was better. Woohoo

3 comments:

  1. A helmet for cosmetic reasons?!?!?! I think it's time to change your pediatrician. That boy is as perfect as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that you are cooking through a book. go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my girlfriend, Lish, has an amazing blog of recipes... I think you'd love it.
    http://mamaloveshomemadefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete