I must be crazy. I keep thinking this to myself. I have actually probably thought this almost my whole life. Its the thing that people think when they are convinced that they can change the world, or a city...or even a fire department. There I was...in the Command Chiefs office discussing final preperation for what will be the launch of a program that I am starting. S3AFD has a mission to raise communication between firefighters and families to lower divorce rates, reduce suicide attempts, and give an overall unity to those who keep us safe in the face of danger. Its a great plan right?
Well thats what the union chief thought when he approched me about needing to do something, and I pitched him the whole idea. Nealry two years later its actually happening. To be honest my husband seems niether surpised nor board by the notion that I would be founder and president to a group that hold government status, and may be taken on as a pilot program throught the united states. Hes used to the crazy I bring to the table I guess. To be truthful, no one who knows me seems to impredded in either direction. Today as I sat at that meating I just kept praying in my mind for God to lead me. terrified? Yup, you better believe it. There is all of the what ifs that we have to talk about here...
What if I do not bring honor to my husband? What if it fails? What if I screw up? ahhhh yes. However there are the others to consider. What if my relationship grows stronger with not onlu God but my husband? What if marriges are saved? Later on in the day between family visiting, school work, and children two songs came to mind. Lead me by Sanctus Rio and Legacy by Nicole Nordemen. Now I am not sure why lead me...cause thats really a mans prayer. But man if Legacy didnt make me cry when I sang it. Who am I kidding...so did lead me. Could it be that God gave me those two? Tears are pouring down even now thinking about it. Terrified? Yup. Lead and coverd in his grace and love. Absolutely.
http://www.sanctusreal.com/
http://www.lyricsbay.com/legacy_lyrics-nichole_nordeman.html


Having courage doesn't mean there's a lack of fear. It just means that you're willing to do it afraid. God's plan and purpose for you is way bigger than you are... Go Laura!!
ReplyDelete