Thursday, July 7, 2011
its a loss
do you ever find yourself staring at the computer looking at pictures of friends that you consider to be of the best? Today I sat looking at my phone thinking something of the same, but wondering...why dont people call anymore? What has happened that technology has taken such a toll that we dont pick up the phone to at least hear the voice on the other end that might possibly be saying please love me. I know I can very easily say things are fine, but if they could hear my voice and they know me at all they would know the hurt. I love that with Mac we have face time, and hey tell...even hey tell you can hear a voice. You are not some electronic grouping of words that mean very little. DOnt get me wrong. The occasional hey there, howdy doody is fine...but as a stay at home mom I yern for adult voices, welcoming, non threatening, loving voices of those around me. I know its different than others that are around people all day. However for those of us that stay at home and all we hear is screaming, crying, and the occasional please and thank you we need it. To those out there that are being caught into the whorwind of the technological world I bid you adue, Ill miss you, because Im gonna hold on to voice, eye to eye, and cards in the mail as long as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment