clean water

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fires in Texas, and pride

Did you know that my husband is a firefighter?  its true.  He was top of his class.  In a fire hes the one I would want to come save me.  He is brave, caring, and totally HOT...not just when hes walking through fire.  Anyway, Texas has been on fire.  He has had to fight a few.  The guys have not had much of a break.  I am super proud of all of San Antonio fire men.  However we also recently remembered 9/11.  I remember where I was.  He remembers where he was.  We all do.  The night before we remembered that day ten years ago I hung flags outside my house.  Not only to honor those that have served, but also those who have lost and are serving.  Mike...the hot fire fighter guy I was just talking about...well he cant walk away from serving I guess.  He will always be a servant..because He loves God.  One day he may walk away from the danger and serve in other ways.  I found myself with mixed emotions as I hung three flags that night.  I hung the flag of this nation that I love. This nation that I believe in, and call my home.  Then I hung the flag to the unit Mike was in when he fought for our right to call this nation home for one year.  It might have at one point been considered the longest year of my life.  Imagine what it was like for him.  Mike served 10 years in the military.  I can honestly say I was there through all of it...well aside from one year.  The unit flag was the 82nd airborne unit.  The only unit left that actually jumps into combat zones.  The second was the flag of the fire fighter.  I am so proud of this man.  Can you imagine what he has seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment