clean water

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This cant be happening

Tonight was life group. We switched to Tuesday night because thoe weds group gots so big. Anyway, the end came and we were asked for prayer requests. I wasn't gonna say anything because I always say something.lately it's been all praise reports. Tonight had decided I wasn't gonna say anything. People are probably tired of hearing my voice anyway, and i don't want to seem like that person that always has a "thing". Then as if i had no control over my arm i saw our Paster looking at me. I then told everyone of the 10 or so people about my dad. This has been something that has been on my mind for a while. I had not said anything because I know my dad, and he would not want to be made a big deal out of when it comes to this. When I was about one my dad was in a really bad car accident. We are talking about may never walk again kind. That's exactly what they told my mom. I have been told my whole life that dad and i learned how to walk together. So tonight as i kinda recapped about this event i started to feel the tears welling up. I hadn't realized how upset i was until now. My dad went to the dr the other day. It's not something he does often, or ever. He knows what happens to him. He's reminded everyday. He is in pain every day. No one knows it because he doesn't tell people. He is strong, and works harder than almost anyone i have ever known. He doesn't ever ask for help. He got bad news. He was told both knees need replacement. His ligaments are shot. He has no insurance, and no way to get his real knee and prosthetic knee replaced. I explained this to the group, and as i heard what was. Coming out of my mouth i then repeated what i have always been told. We learned how to walk together. I began to cry. I try not to let people on the outside see me cry. My family sees it all the time. Matter of fact if you have seen me cry it probably means i trust you. I quickly excused myself after asking for prayer and got composure. So if you are a believer and you are reading this, please pray. He has so much to do still. He needs his legs to do a lot of it. What's hardest is knowing there is nothing i can do. I don't like not being able to fix for my people. I know, i know...He's probably trying to work on that in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment